Paths

I’m off the path!  I married Citygirlfriend!  She and her sons will be moving in at the end of the school year.

The picture above is of a cow path made this winter by 50 head of cattle.  This field was corn last season and will be oats this season.  Tilling will remove the path before we plant.

The cattle were fed hay in feeders at the far end of the field.  They had to walk about a quarter-mile for water and quickly fell into the subtle pressure of an easier path.

Two truths about paths:

1.  Everyone is on a path.

2.  All cow paths lead to water.

Where do people paths lead?

13 Responses to Paths

1. James Miller says:

3. Natural paths are never a straight line.

2. karen says:

Congratulations Matt. That’s walkin’ the path and taking action…
    Now hang on to the ride of your life. My first years w/ my husband were sometimes a power struggle, but now we’ve settled into a rather give and take. I take and he gives. hahahah….Just kidding.
    Thought I’d make the most common joke about women.

I think you’ll like it. Marriage is a lot of fun.
    Hugs.
    Karen

3. chainey says:

Hey, congratulations!

Wow. I didn’t see that coming.

4. wsb says:

path to happiness, hopefully!
    Congratutions and best wishes to you all!

5. curiousfarmer says:

Thank you James, Karen, Chainey, and WSB! Your comments have helped keep me blogging. I’m glad I could share this time with you. Thanks!

6. John R says:

Congratulations Matt that’s fantastic. I have only been married for two and a half years and it is great to have someone to share your ups and downs with. I am happy for you. We’ll have to get together sometime.

Congratulations again
    John R

7. curiousfarmer says:

Thanks, John!

8. Doug says:

More Paths…

9. Shmoo says:

There are two paths sometimes in life ,let your heart choose the right one for u.

10. MReese says:

So, I haven’t read your blog in awhile and just saw this. Belated congrats! I know you’ll make a great dad and husband. I guess now she’s “country-fied wife” huh?

11. curiousfarmer says:

Thanks MReese! Yes, she’s getting country-fied faster than anyone thought possible. We have been having an interesting summer.

12. chris says:

You may never see this congratulatory remark, Mr. Curious. Nonetheless.

I am originally a fan of Citygirlfriend’s blog, and accidentally found yours today.

There is a line from the Bible, new testament: about a man who found a treasure in a field and bought the whole field for sheer joy.

You are curious. She loves interesting. Close match.

You love the boys and the idyllic.
    You want to work hard and work smart.
    You took your tractor (and the boys) to Madison for the rallies.
    You are passionate about what you do.

I’m guessing this personal stuff might make you uncomfortable, so I’ll quit, since you don’t even know me. On the other hand, you probably believe in the kindness of strangers–like the folks you helped in the NY snowstorm. I am one of those strangers who would like to exchange kind wishes with you.

13. paulhassing says:

This blog is the find of the year for me. In my view, Citygirlfriend is very fortunate indeed. Best regards, P. 🙂